ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Frost Gate


The magical becaon burns bright here at the gate.  I had a troubled sleep.  We are almost at Kryta, atleast we are closer to Kryta than to the breach.  Come so far, but all we learn of is more and more turmoil in the continent.  If indeed it is the flameseeker, than that means now is the time for our heroes aswell.   Some of these heroes among us may save the world, or we may all perish in titan fire.  The Frost gate is closed.  Its not as simple as lighting some beacons this time, the Summit dwarves have broken the levers and outnumber us in mass.

 We are followed up the mountain by minotaurs.  Rurik and I split up, he is to take the lower path while I take the upper path.  He cannot continue until we slay the ballistae engineers.  It is a slow process, and we can only inch further, our progress depending on that of the princes and he on ours. Garris Nightwatch, a foe ranger dwarf of the summit mocks us while he hides pretty behind a gate, but the look on his face was not so pretty when we killed his engineer, throwing the gate open unwillingly.

 Running through a cave we find Rornak Stonesledge, captured again. He stinks of ale He is no good at this spy job.  He got the information he was looking for though.  The stone summit are attempting to further their Ballistae of mass destruction, but they are not done and the blueprints are easily stolen.  We lead Rornak to a decripit shooter that he will fix, and he will blast the gates to where the plans are hidden.  We sit thier bosses throats and forge on until the last ballistae gate is open.

We finally meet with Rurik.  He tells me that I must fix the lever to the gate mechanisms.  He and his small troop will hold off the wave of dwarves that will spill out when seeing the Frost gate move, and I will lead all the refugees towards the gates of Kryta.  First we must attend to the ballistae. We melt and crush ice beast after ice beast and redden the snow with the blood of dwarves and retrieve Rornak what he was looking for. The Deldrimor Dwarves are finally getting ahead in this rebellion.

I find the gear level directly next to the mechanism. No doubt the planning of a drunken Summit.  Now is the time to open the gate.  Soon we will be overcome, and Rurik will be in danger.  It is time to open the gate. I see three mechanisms I must start in order to open the gate to Kryta.  I begin the first while Rurik readies himself for battle.  I start the second mechanism and Rurik shouts over to me.  I am promoted again.  Probably not the best time, but I see that he's been spotted and the Summit are flying at him en mass.  I run the lever to the third mechanism.  Rurik is fighting for his life.  

 The gate is open, we start leading our refugees through when I hear a great screech.  I run towards where Rurik fights and see Dagnar, Summit boss, atop a great drake.  He yells to Rurik that the mountains belong to him, and his punishment for trespassing is death.  A great avalanche erupts and I run for my prince.  When the snow clears I see he is stuck under debree.  He cannot get out, and I cannot help him.  I am dumbstruck.  He screams at me to take our people to Kryta.  I must obey.  He will not have died in vain.   I get back throug the Frost gate to see him beheaded by the dwarf.  A great man is lost.  We are lost without him.


No comments:

Post a Comment