ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Iron Mines of Moladune


 Up the mountain we climb.  The chilled air thinning with every step.  I am going to kill Markis. The traitourous swine needs his heart cut out, and served to Saidras monument on a platter of gold.  I am also off to see if the Seer can aid our fight. Evennia's intelligent officers tell us the Seer is holed up in a cave atop the mountain.   Fiends of all types dog our feet while we take the mountain backpathes.  To face the mursaat now would be a suicide mission. A price we cannot afford to pay. 

What the Seer has is store for us in a mystery.  The secrets to the mursaat much the same.  When we reach him it is with nervousness, and awe to finally have a way to defeat these terrible beasts.  The seer stands by a fire.  Or floats, I should say.   It hovers over the ground, a creature unlike any i've ever seen.  Its body wide and rectangular as a stone coffin, its voice faintly feminine and robotic.  I can scarcely believe a creature such as this would need our help, but it tells me that it wants to help us because I will do what its kind never could; defeat the Mursaat for good.  It cannot help me as it stands though.  There is a beast, a Eidolon, in a cave nearby and its skin is naturally immune to the agonizing touch of the Mursaat.  Naturally, I must kill it and bring its guts steaming freshly to the Seer and he will infuse my armor with it.  Also naturally, I do as it asks.

Time to test this spectral beings work.  I leave the cave to go further up the mountain and encounter my first Mursaat.  I am stronger, and he does not overcome me like before.  It works!  Praise be to Dwayna.  The playing field is now even.  Before killing Markis, I decide to take my new gift for a spin.  I am going to release all their prisoners, and dismantle their trebuchets, annihilation of the white mantle and mursaat is also on my menu.  I climb back down the mountain through the enemy camps until I find Blade Scout Ryder.  Only one prisoner? I had wished to hit them much harder, but Ryder tells me there is a Judge. And Inquisitor if you will, and he is leaving to meet with Markis at this moment.  I will take his head for Ascalon.

Taking a moment, I breathe.  I put myself back on track. We come up to Markis' keep, and dispatch of his watch from outside the wall.  Inside, he scoffs at us seeking revenge, but  he is grossly outnumbered now, and we are immune to the Mursaats agony.  He is dead, and Evennia curses him in death to spend his time in the mists in torture for those he's gotten killed and betrayed.  Saidra has been avenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment