ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Regent Valley Defence

Regent Valley
 The charr have penetrated the Great Wall again.  I feel at fault, perhaps espying myself and my team spurred them on to charge so quick.  Word from Lord Darrin is that the Prince is marching on them from Rin.  Alas, Rin is far to the west, he will never make it in time.   I fear Ascalon will be destroyed for good, because of me. 

To clear my head, I went for a walk out in the ruins of Regent Valley.  Sergeant Brannen, daft soldier, confirms to me that the great Prince plans to push the charr back, except he does not know that the charr have made it as far as King's Watch.  He asks that myself, and my team clear them out, and then report to Lord Darrin.  No doubt this is his job, but he is too scared to of the furry beasts.  Perhaps everyone senses the end of Ascalon.

The charr will not enter Fort Ranik

We are attacked by bands of renegades.  They make fire fall from the sky.  Though this causes a panic amongst the townsfolk, considering the last fire from the sky, the soldiers know it for the parlour trick it is.  A weak attack, though mildly painful.  I hear talk from one renegade as I smote him, that the bandit Torin is nearby.  I would like a word with him.

fire from the sky
We find him just across the bridge, close indeed.  He was unaware, and no match for us. And though I will take rewards for his death, the ambassador Zain of Kryta will be very pleased to hear of this, I pray for his soul.  To capitalize through tragedy will be as if signing you're on death warrant, be sure of that.

and there shall be a firefight

I continue on my way to Kings Watch.  I feel lost.  I grew up here in Regent, but the landscape is unrecognizable.  Even Aiden the archer would be lost in this terrain.  The rivers and black with ash and tar.  I make it to the bridge, but it is crawling with grawl.  We clear them out until all that is left are random ornate necklaces strewn over the rocks.  I take blessing at the shrine of Melandru, patron saint of rangers and wilderness. He will offer me no blessing this day.  I have arrived atleast, to Kings Watch. I spy the charr I am to dispose of.  I take the courage from the monument of hope,

"To endure is greater than to dare;
to keep heart when all have lost it;
to forego even one's own life when the end is gained;
who can say this is not greatness?"

Inspiration.  We attack.  The charr cannot see us from where they stand, a stupid location if you ask me. Perhaps they are just too confident that we are hopeless.  Their confidence however is our victory.  We maintain the upperhand with our surprise attack and cut through the charr as if we were on a divine mission.  A fire in our bellies, brute savagery. 

the beast must die
I return to the fort.  We pass our information to Lord Darrin and he hands me yet another promotion.  I am getting somewhere.  Me and my merry band of misfits and rogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment