ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Searing

We have been ruined by the charr.  So many dead, so many missing.  The King, Prince, and his men have survived.  I myself survived aswell, obviously, but a piece of me died.  Lush green fields lay in charred dusty ruin,  houses demolished, the kingdom at war not only with the charr, but with all kinds of Grenths own.  At war with ourselves.  Rurik believes we should make haste to Kryta, and uphold the ancient alliance but the King, his father, is far too stubborn.  He will not allow us to transport our dying population.  Instead he insists we stay in a dead land.   Over the last while, I have been sent on many messenger missions.  I think the king holds a grudge to us who were killing charr before the event we call the "searing".   Adelbarn believes us to blame.  The killing of Vatlaaw triggered the hellfire.  Now our lands lay scorched, our spirit maimed, and our king absolutely insane.


I recieved a promotion.  Bittersweet news admist the tragedy.  Virtually everyone recieved a promotion though, considering the state of our shambled city.   We need all the help we can get, and we all became greatly experienced in what seems overnight.  We had no choice.  No time for leisurely training.  Its more like a run for your life through fields of devourers.

Our enemies became more experienced aswell.  It was almost as if the crystal storm gave them power or security of being.  They multiplied in the hundreds. Guess there was nothing better for them to do with our soldiers having no time to control the populations.

Devourers

Warmaster Tydus, yes warmaster now, sent me with a message to the ambassador Zain of Kryta.  I took Alessia with me, a fellow monk in training.  She is more skilled than I, and I hope to learn from her.  Tydus is suspicious of the Krytans.  His mind has become suspicious of all, he holds a piece of the same madness afflicting the king.    Before I leave though, I take my advantages where I can.  The searing has driven most crafters and trainers to the far reaches of our continent, luckily, it drove some in to "Old Ascalon", as the king has dubbed it. Corwen will upgrade my armour to something more suitable to the new norm.  Perhaps I can muster a more powerful weapon.


When I arrive at Zain, the prince was there.  Ever the diplomat, he sees reason.  He is our forerunner for the push to Kryta and salvation. They discuss matters, and the prince runs back to the fallen palace to attempt to yet again persuade the King to move.  The message has been delivered.  It is time to gather some new skills and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment