ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Abaddons Mouth

We come out of our stronghold, we must destroy the Gate of Komalie now.  The Vizier appears to us before the large shining fortress and gives us a new wind as we charge at the doors.  Taking out their archers in the towers first, we burst through the first magical seal and annihilate the awaiting Mursaat. They stare at us blankly, I would assume surprise but i'm sure the mursaat are devoid of all human emotion. In our haste, and for Brechnar, we keep our speed and tear through the marble keep slashing all in our way.




On a lonely dock at the back of the fortress lay a seal on an empty area, and my curiosity is piqued. Destroying that seal a shimmering spirit appears.  It is Leah Stone, and she was being held captive.  She would like us to lay her on a rock not far from where we stand, and I invite her to join us.
Three-headed hydra spit meteors at us, and large golems with rotting flesh dropping off the bone attempt to stand in our way.  They are not with the mursaat, this I know, just dumb beasts whose only instincts are to kill and feed on all in their eyesight.  Unfortunately for them, they are the ones being sent to the mists and we reach Leahs final resting place.  For a place as barren and lava scorched, it is truly a beautiful spot.  Soft grasses, and even some flowers litter the rock, and the view in to the ocean is magnificent.  Saying our goodbyes, we run off to the Gate of Komalie before she disapperates.

The gate is really a stone.  There are several seals keeping it under control, and the Vizier appears yet again before it urging us forward.  For every seal we destroy, we are attacked by a trio of guardians, and numerous mursaat.  Brechnar must have blessed us in death, because we are seemingly unstoppable.
With all the seals open, the Vizier approaches us, giddy as a school girl with a crush.  He laughs, and Little Thom joins him, but there is something strange about him.  He takes a spot upon the rock and continues to laugh, then stops dead.  I have a chill down my spine.  He eyes me, his white-blue eyes blazing in triumph.  Suddenly the Vizier disappears in a ball of lighting, and inasfast appears a horrid creature.  Several feet tall with tattered wings and horns of a ram, he looks at us, and continues to laugh.  The viziers laugh.  "IT WORKED" he screams, and he summons a beast most foul.
Out of the lava rises a hulking beast of fire and rock.  The Lich looks upon him and simply says "Yield.  Yield to the scepter of Orr", and he vanishes.  My heart sinks.  We have delivered the scepter of orr to the Lich, the Lich who is prophecised to end the world.  How stupid could I have been not to see this! Sole survivor of the Orrian Cataclysm.  He must have perpetrated the entire thing in order to survive a sinking island.  We have erred most greatly.  Rurik.  Poor Rurik, and Brechnar.. Saidra.. We have failed everyone.  The titan comes at us, but he is not immuned to our attacks and he falls.  I stand with my team over the titans embers and think.  It is time for prayers.  Dwayna had told me I must come here.  Glint has told me I was to come here.  I can't believe they had meant for me to end the world as I know it.  I must pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment