ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hell's Precipice

 The gates of Komalie are open.  Speaking to a gentle lost soul in our safehold, I learn that the gates are closed by "Soul batteries".  The chosen are sent as sacrifice to keep the gates closed.  This is what we were sent for, to reclose them with our lives, but I have a suspicion that should we time it right, the Vizier, i'm sorry... the Lich, would be enough to close the doors for good and end this prophecy. If I am to die, I will not die withou taking a few of grenths bastards with me.


We clear the paths, fighting Titans and sparks.  Beastly creatures who hurl fire that burns everything in its wake.  Small as they are, no bigger than your basic imp, but they hurt.  We hear a shout from the moutainside and find the Seer being attacked.  What he is doing here I cannot say, but I would assume it is some kind of divine support for our cause.  We kill the hostile by him and he tells us of the Armageddon Lords further down.  Add that to our list to kill.
We come across a level field with orbs of our free nations.  The Titans are attempting to pass through these portals to take over the entire world, and thought I knew this was not only going to affect us here in Tyria this is the first time it really sunk in that I was saving the world.  We slay the portal wraiths and the bubbles explode.  The Lich appears, he is not enthused with our progress and asks us why we are even bothering, we are only delaying the inevitible. Inevitible my boot.
He appears before us near Komalie.  He is not alone.  Utmost treachery, he sicks an undead zombie Rurik upon us.  My sweet prince, skeletal and rotting, screams against the Lich while he approaches us, Sohothin blazing.  He is conscious, he knows who we are and what we are doing, but due to the Scepter of Orr, he has no control over his body.  We have no choice but to cut him down, and he agrees with us.
Wounded and unable to attack further, my prince begs me for death.  What was left of his eyes appeared sad, his grey skull peeping out between chunks of rotting flesh.  This is no way to exist, and though it pains me to no end, I must kill him.  It is what he orders.  His final order.   My oath has been fulfilled.
We reach the gate, and the Lich stands with guards of fire and stone.  One by one they attack us, but he is overconfident and does not bring enough to phase us.  We dare not approach him too close, he can send us to the lava pits with his dark magic, but we hold him on the gate and soon he falls, weakened.
The soul batteries recharge instantly, stronger than i had seen them before I broke them open under false pretenses.  Glint appears in the glow, the dragon is pleased.  She says she was confident the Lich had not read the prophecies correctly.  In his haste, he mistook it as he will win and we will die, when all along it was he would die.  Though he is not without issue, some titans had managed to travel through the portals and as soon as we are done reporting back to the dwarves we must dispense of them aswell.   It is over, and I cannot believe it.  Jalis awaits us in his hold at droknars, and offers me a sturdy dwarf forged weapon and gives us the title of Lord Protector of Tyria. Everyone celebrates.  Even Adelbarn has come to the dwarves, though I see he stays far from the Krytans.  I go to give him my condolences about the fallen prince but he only looks at me blankly, and demands I return to the wall and continue Charr hunting.  I cannot believe it is over.  What in the world will I do with myself now? I have gotten a thirst for being unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment