ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vizunah Square (Foreign)

Sun and fun in Lion's Arch since the Lich was destroyed.  I took housing, not with the ascalonian community, but in the barracks with the heroes and sellswords.  I spent my days swimming and getting sun, going to the alehouses with my good friends toasting Rurik, and checking out the wares and trinkets inside the merchants circle.  I never knew what an amazing town Lion's Arch was.  I never went back for Adelbern.  Maybe later.  I hear he is grieving most horribly, and gone a touch mental, but he will just have to wait as the majority of the community has come to Kryta, and continues to come to this day.  I grow restless though.  Sure it was fun to do absolutely nothing of value in the beginning but now, now I need more again.  Which is just what I got when I met Mhenlo at the gates.  He had just returned from his homeland, Cantha, and they have an epidemic.  Afflicted flesh masses are infecting the people and setting them to attack, and the gangs of the city are taking full advantage of the turmoil.  I think I could use a vacation from my vacation.  To cantha!




We come out of the docks and meet Mhenlo.  He is with Cynn, who is in a foul mood as usual, and some female fighters which are probably the cause of Cynns distaste.  We are going to meet the legendary Master Togo.  He is a beast of a ritualist, which is something i've still only heard of in tales.  He leads us through the city and it is a virtual maze of shanties and high stacked buildings.  There are secret passages at every turn and we have to cut down hostile gangs on our way to meet with Togo.  He awaits us in Vizunah Square, which is  swarming with these "Afflicted".
We run down the scaffolding with Mhenlo, and gangs of Am Fah try to slow us down . Togo is already amidst the attack.  We reach the Square and that is when I first see the monstrosity.
These Afflicted are horrible masses of tumor.  Some have faces in their bellies, and some have stumps for legs and crawl like spiders  over the ground before trying to hex us. I lose my courage for a moment and look over a the Master togo, a thin man, battlescarred but strong.  He smiles at me while casting his spells and summoning spirits that attack for him, but I can see in his mind he must be sizing me up.  The legends say I am a great warrior but here I stand dumbstruck at these things.  I check myself, and I begin to attack aswell
They jump out of holes in the ground.  Springing in the hundreds attack us.  We make our way through the square while Togo commands the gates be open.  The gate guards are terrified to do it.  There are surivors littered around the square and Togo is set to recuse them all, and get to the bottom of this plague.
We find our way in to a small underground commons under a market stall.  Here lies a Shiroken beast, all blade and muscle, and he says our time is up.  Whether we defeat him or not, there is much more going on than we know, and we will not stop it.  Clearly, he doesn't realize i'm 1 for 1 in stopping the unstoppable.   We cut them all down and celebrate our victory.  I thought I felt a chill in the air, but my eyes see nothing.  Togo seems to be a little on edge as well, while the others whoop and cheer.  But then my breath catches in my throat, and everything sent black.
When I awoke, confused and disoriented, an being stood in front of me.  Three beings.  Envoys to the mists.  They say a man named Shiro killed us, but we were not his to kill yet.  I don't have a clue who Shiro is, but I'm sure i'm about to find out, and Togos hand shot straight to his weapon when the name was said.   The envoys offer us a price for our lives, we must help them stop Shiro.  But we cannot even see him, how can we kill something we can't see?  Anticipating that, the Envoys send us to become Weh No Su, or "Closer to the stars".  Then we can see him, and if we can see him we can defeat him.

No comments:

Post a Comment