ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Battle of the Doppleganger

The mountain crumbles in front of me. A lightning storm.  The electricity courses the air.  I am to do this alone.  One on one combat.  One should have a sense of forboding as the rock tumbles in to the river uncovering a staircase leading in to the mountain.
I entered.  The halls littered with gold, statues of the six along the wall. The central chamber seems very much a battle ring.  My patron goddess, Dwayna, stands wrought from gold on sides as I slowly step in.  I am alone, but I feel powerful.   I feel as if i'm being watched as well.  I prepare myself for the unexpected as best I can.  Then he appears.  A doppleganger of fire.
I size him up.  I would assume he would be doing the same yet he has no apparent being.  No being means no mind.  A robotic fighter, a mimic.  I prepare my skills, and in a moment of nervousness, I scream a battle cry, and taunt this fiery being.
He does not wait.  First to attack he throws my own fiery beam of judgement at me, and I run from it.  I cast my own upon him and I notice a descrepency.  He is not evading the flames.  I cast again, and he finally exits, damaged near fatally.  I dodge in and out of his spear tosses, and cast again.  He stands in it again, and he is dead.   It is done.  I have bested myself. I am the chosen. I have ascended. It is time to visit the oracle for my final test of strength and mind.  Then I can save Evennia, if she is still alive.  Save Saidra.  I will save the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment