ANNOUNCEMENTS

Signed up for the GW2 beta! Fingers crossed!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Monks Test

Reporting to my first quest.  Sir Tydus asked me to see the monk, Ciglo, in Lakeshore County.  He is to teach me some new skills, I must say I was quite excited. I found him just outside the gates admiring the field of red irises, a favourite of my patron God, the Goddess Dwayna.  She was a healer, like me.
Myself and Ciglo    



He tells me I am to have a test.  I thought all you had to do to join the Kings army was sign up, but it seems in order to be accepted all must pass a test.  I recieved a monks test, and my reward is being taught some new skills.  Ciglo says the local flutist girl, Gwen, is trapped behind a brood of foul skale.  I am to annihilate them all, and bring her home.  I'm a little scared,  this is my first combat.  I won't be alone though, Ciglo tells me i'm eligible for a new style of training.  Training with a friend.  He gave me a stone that will summon an ally for myself whenever I am in need, and a Wolf's favour, a divine offhand which I am not yet powerful enough to wield.  So I hold up my starter holy rod, and head off on my way.

I found the skale nearby, and sure enough, theres Gwen standing with her head in the clouds.  If its not skipping, flute playing, or stalking, she just doesn't seem to notice.

Head in the clouds, as always
I make quick work of the skale with my training partner.  I didn't even get hit once, seems almost surreal how well it went.  Maybe it is in my blood, like my father.   I shook Gwen back to earth, and she chides me for interrupting her thoughts.  Ungreatful child, but I see something in her.  Perhaps she needs motivation and drive, perhaps she needs a reason.

With the task done, I return to Ciglo.  He teaches me what was promised, a skill to regenerate my own health, and that of an allies.  He also teaches me a smiting skill, so that I may protect myself in these wild times.  With this, I have passed my test.  I am to see Haversdan next.
Pesky Skale

No comments:

Post a Comment